[Asterisk-Users] hardware requirements

Thilo Salmon salmon at netzquadrat.de
Fri Jul 11 07:16:44 MST 2003

> We have heard several times that 2 E400P's in one box is a current
> practical limit. But what type of machine would I need (as in CPU, RAM etc)
> to do this, and really put all those (240) channels to work with AGI
> scripts or the likes ?

We have two e400p boards in a UP (3 Ghz P4 Northwood) box to serve ras
users. I see 1000 interrupts per second per board. Load looks kinda
funny (on and off between 20 and 100 % system every few seconds), but we
can use all 240 channels without any dropping calls or packets as far as
I can tell. But then this is only data...

Thilo