[Asterisk-Users] hardware requirements

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Fri Jul 11 04:57:49 MST 2003

Hi,

This has been discussed in the past, but I would like to hear something
from people with hands-on experience...

as we are embarking on a journey to create a very large IVR platform, I'm
trying to figure out some things to make sure:

We have heard several times that 2 E400P's in one box is a current
practical limit. But what type of machine would I need (as in CPU, RAM etc)
to do this, and really put all those (240) channels to work with AGI
scripts or the likes ?

Who can share some real-life experience about what to expect in this setup
? I.e. system load, interrupts etc. ?

Thanks!

Met vriendelijke groet,
Florian Overkamp