[Asterisk-Users] It's true - Nikotel charge for not-completed calls

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Wed Jul 9 10:59:15 MST 2003

Guys, unless their site states something to the contrary you don't have a
hope in hell with this.

you are paying them for a voip circuit, which you are using to attempt a call.

you have taken up several seconds of voip bandwidth which they are charging
you for, the same way you would pay if there is 6 seconds of silence during
your phone conversation. (This takes roughly the same amount of transfer as
an unsuccessful call setup.)

By the same reasoning, if you have some strange audio in your conversation
which does not compress well, they don't charge you extra since it costs
more to deliver your call than you are paying. The price is based on averages.

Do you complain at an all you can eat buffet if you get full after a small
plateful ? Same concept.