Attention TDM400P users (was Re: [Asterisk-Users] PCI Master Abort)

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Tue Jul 8 18:28:38 MST 2003

I believe the PCI master abort issue may also have something to do with
power.  As some of you know, we are currently working to resolve power
issues on the TDM40B which have caused some people grief with poor audio
or the "PCI Master Abort" syndrome.  We (Wil and I) have hand modified a
couple of boards to try to cleanup the PC power supply and are very
pleased with the results (until just recently, we didn't have a machine
with the noise problem in our hands).

I believe our modifications represent a general panacea for a range of
power supply related issues including:

	* PCI Master abort
	* "Interrupt noise"
	* Static
	* Buzzing

Martin is making a list of people who have trouble with bad audio and/or
PCI master abort.  In the next couple of days, we would like to send some
boards to people that have these problems *in the U.S.* and who are
capable of installing and testing these cards in a *timely fashion*.  If
you are interested, please contact Martin (256-428-6161 or martinp) and be
sure he has you "on the list" and knows what your symptom is and what your
hardware configuration is.  Once we have confirmed these fixes work
properly, we will be spinning a revised version of the TDM400P board.

Once the TDM400P replacement boards are ready, anyone who wants to upgrade
will be able to exchange their old board for a new one at no cost (you
will only be responsible for shipping us back your old board).  If you
are having no trouble with the board, there will be no need to send it
back, although we will allow the boards to be exchanged for the forseeable
future (so long as we produce anything like the TDM400P) so there will be
no hurry in swapping out your board.

Mark