[Asterisk-Users] line battery check

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Tue Jul 8 09:18:44 MST 2003

Hi-

Its not clear from your msg whether you want to detect the open-circuit
condition of  the T1/E1 directly or on one of the analog circuits connected
on the other side of the channel bank.

If directly on the E1/T1, I imagine that asterisk can detect the condition
of the "alarm" signals for the circuit - these are separate from the
signalling supervision bits like on/off hook.  I'm new to asterisk, so don't
know how to read those alarm indicators in the software, but the ones you
are probably interested in are: "Red Alarm" - means loss of signal (I think
a cut line would cause this), "Yellow alarm" - means far end detected an
error, and "BPV" - bi-polar violation, means degraded signal (usually).

Hope this helps.

regards

Scott M. Stingel
Emerging Voice Technology Inc.