[Asterisk-Users] Answering on an zap device

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Jul 8 08:25:12 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 10:06, Cristi wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> >Please trim unnecessary lines from the post.
> >
> >On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:23, Cristi wrote:
> >

> >>What is the need for the callerid in the following configuration:
> >>(default config page)
> >>;callerid="Green Phone"<(256) 428-6121>
> >>;channel => 1
> >>;callerid="Black Phone"<(256) 428-6122>
> >>;channel => 2
> >>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 428-6123>
> >>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(630) 372-1564>
> >>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 704-4666>
> >>;channel => 3
> >>;callerid="Pac Tel Phone" <(256) 428-6124>
> >>;channel => 4
> >>;callerid="Uniden Dead" <(256) 428-6125>
> >>;channel => 5
> >>;callerid="Cortelco 2500" <(256) 428-6126>
> >>;channel => 6
> >>;callerid="Main TA 750" <(256) 428-6127>
> >>;channel => 44
> >>It is the mapping between PTSN nr and channel numbers?
> >>

> >This is to make internal phones show callerID. Notice the "Green phone",
> >"Black Phone", These are to specify what callerid to use when the
> >channel is used to place a call.
> >
> >In my office and at home I have set each channels caller ID to specify
> >the user at the end of the phone. This way you know who it is inside
> >your office calling you when you see the callerid. Also, when used
> >appropriately, you can specify either your main trunk number or specific
> >DID numbers for the callerID display on a PRI line. This way you could
> >set up a 9+ dialing for DID display, and 8+ for main line display. This
> >is helpful when you are doing generic calling or specific calling.
> >

> First let me thank you for all the answers that I got from the asterisk
> people!
>
> Another question : Let say that now I have a E1 ISDN  into a 4E1 card
> and I don't have any errors :. What configuration I have to do get a
> call ? Tring a nr associated with the channel I got only a busy
> line!From  where the asterisk know what nr to answer ? It is specified
> into the extension config file for  the context associated with the
> channel group?

Turn on debug for your pri spans so you can see how many digits are
being sent to you in the called number part of the q.931 packets. From
there you will need to specify in extensions.conf a extension for each
of the phone numbers associated with the PRIs to the precision of what
you observed before. Good chance is that it is the full number.

As for the context, you should have specified that in your zapata.conf
file as to where these calls would be dropped into. I have mine defined
as PRI and then reroute appropriately from there.