[Asterisk-Users] Answering on an zap device

Cristi cvasiliu at accessnet.ro
Tue Jul 8 08:06:55 MST 2003

Steven Critchfield wrote:

>Please trim unnecessary lines from the post.
>
>On Tue, 2003-07-08 at 09:23, Cristi wrote:
>

>>What is the need for the callerid in the following configuration:
>>(default config page)
>>;callerid="Green Phone"<(256) 428-6121>
>>;channel => 1
>>;callerid="Black Phone"<(256) 428-6122>
>>;channel => 2
>>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 428-6123>
>>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(630) 372-1564>
>>;callerid="CallerID Phone" <(256) 704-4666>
>>;channel => 3
>>;callerid="Pac Tel Phone" <(256) 428-6124>
>>;channel => 4
>>;callerid="Uniden Dead" <(256) 428-6125>
>>;channel => 5
>>;callerid="Cortelco 2500" <(256) 428-6126>
>>;channel => 6
>>;callerid="Main TA 750" <(256) 428-6127>
>>;channel => 44
>>It is the mapping between PTSN nr and channel numbers?
>>

>This is to make internal phones show callerID. Notice the "Green phone",
>"Black Phone", These are to specify what callerid to use when the
>channel is used to place a call.
>
>In my office and at home I have set each channels caller ID to specify
>the user at the end of the phone. This way you know who it is inside
>your office calling you when you see the callerid. Also, when used
>appropriately, you can specify either your main trunk number or specific
>DID numbers for the callerID display on a PRI line. This way you could
>set up a 9+ dialing for DID display, and 8+ for main line display. This
>is helpful when you are doing generic calling or specific calling.

First let me thank you for all the answers that I got from the asterisk
people!

Another question : Let say that now I have a E1 ISDN  into a 4E1 card
and I don't have any errors :. What configuration I have to do get a
call ? Tring a nr associated with the channel I got only a busy
line!From  where the asterisk know what nr to answer ? It is specified
into the extension config file for  the context associated with the
channel group?

  == D-Channel on span 1 up
  == D-Channel on span 3 up
    -- B-channel 1 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 6 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 7 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 8 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 9 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 10 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 11 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 12 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 13 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 14 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 15 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 17 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 18 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 19 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 20 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 21 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 22 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 23 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 24 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 25 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 26 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 27 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 28 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 29 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 30 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 31 successfully restarted on span 3
    -- B-channel 1 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 2 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 3 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 4 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 5 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 6 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 7 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 8 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 9 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 10 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 11 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 12 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 13 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 14 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 15 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 17 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 18 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 19 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 20 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 21 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 22 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 23 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 24 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 25 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 26 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 27 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 28 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 29 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 30 successfully restarted on span 1
    -- B-channel 31 successfully restarted on span 1