[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and VMWare

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jul 7 13:12:57 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 14:26, Dan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The reason I ask this is because I have a Win2K PC running 24/7 which has
> enough power left, but if I cannot use any of the Digium hardware from
> inside VMWare then is useless.

You can not have a win2k PC running 24/7 without being highly vulnerable
to exploits. I won't even get into the even after patched it is still
vulnerable argument. You would be better off running win2k under vmware,
but then you would have to have X ontop of your phone system and that
isn't good either.