[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and VMWare

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jul 7 11:03:21 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 11:48, WipeOut . wrote:
> If you want to use it for IP only it __MAY__ work but probably not all
> that well unless you have a really strong processor..
>
> VMWare abstracts the hardware layer you will not be able to get it to
> communicate fully with any cards in order to connect phone lines..

You forgot to mention that as an application running in userland it is
possible to stall and hang while kernel or other less nice applications
hog the system. I use vmware on a regular basis and have seen times
where system speed inside of vmware is dependent on other factors like
mouse movement to force vmware to receive a few more time slices.