[Asterisk-Users] Remote * Using IAX

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Mon Jul 7 04:08:35 MST 2003

I need to configure an * box to connect to a primary * box which is attached
to a PRI in order to make calls using both the same E1 connection.

I know the best solution is to use IAX (altough i could connect the IP
phones on the remote site directly to the main * box that is VPNed with the
remote one).

I've some doubt on how to config IAX to work in this situation.

I think that:

On the main * box I'll have to configure all the users of the remote site as
IAX users (phone1, phone2, ecc.).

On the remote * i need to set up a "register =>" statement in order to have
the remote * connected to the first one.

Is this right?

In other words, the remote should register on the main * box, but I'm not
sure of where i've to put the phones (all SIP GrandStream phones) to be
registered. In the remote or in the main * IAX.conf file? (or both, maybe).

Any help would be appreciated, since I've not been able to understand on my
own even reading the whole lot of messages about IAX on this list :(

--
Stefano Finetti
Technical Coordinator
ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it