[Asterisk-Users] Cllecting digits.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Jul 5 09:08:50 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 05:43, Ing. Angel Gomez Garcia wrote:
>     Thank's
>
>     Mmmmhhhh. that example assumes that you are making the change to
> call-transfer dialing from your extension, what if you are away, even
> away from the office and you want to transfer all the calls to the phone
> where you're at ?
>
>     But I agree, I think it can be done with pattern matching, altough
> its going to be a 'messy' solution.

You don't need to use AGI if you are willing to use postgres or the db
functions. On my system, we have a postgres table that we can remap our
oncall phone number. Of course we use a web page to change the number,
but it could easily be done from extension.

An option you might want to think about, is having your users call from
the phone they want it to be transfered to, and then use the callerid
number to do the forward to. Then you don't have to worry about user
miskeying.

If you are insterested in still having the user key in the data, you
probably want to go all AGI then where you can do several more
interesting things with data collection.