[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Sacrifice?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jul 4 23:14:09 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 16:09, BK [address only for mailing lists] wrote:
> Dear Steven,
>
> thanks for your reply
>
> On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 12:14 AM, Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 07:23, BK [address only for mailing lists] wrote:

> >  So be
> > careful to not seem like you are demanding support from a group of
> > volunteers that are either taking time out of their personal life, or
> > out of their work schedule to answer these questions.
>
> In fact if you look at the way I asked my questions, you will find that
> there is no such notion. You will find that I have made an effort on my
> own first to figure out what to do and the questions I ask are very
> specific to parts that are unclear to me, such as "what does the /nnnn
> in register do? etc"

I didn't look at your other questions, just the tone of this one.

> I did not come here to say "I have this and that, this is my provider,
> username etc, please provide me with a custom configuration file that
> allows me to do xyz". I have seen some posts here that had the air of
> asking along such lines, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if such a
> post was met with silence. However, I don't believe that my post falls
> into this category.

To speak personally, I try and stay away fro SIP or h323 questions since
I have no h323 experience, and my SIP experience isn't too great. I'm
okay at IAX, and am getting better at Zap. I can do some cool things in
AGI, and normal extensions. So if you find me answering harder questions
regarding other technology, then don't think I was ignoring you. I'm
just not cluttering the channel anymore than needed.