[Asterisk-Users] Using switch =>

Anton Yurchenko phila at dg.net.ua
Thu Jul 3 05:46:36 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:

>Looks as though there may be a problem with RSA key authentication and
>switch for some reason...  Does it behave different with either no
>authentication, or password authentication?
>
>Mark

you are right, it is a rsa authentication problem. with other
authentications it work fine. I have 2 keys one named hurricane and
other named test. the hurricane.pub is on "phila" server and the
hurricane.key isn on the hurricane server, the other way is for key "test".
here is what I have in my Iax.conf on server hurricane now:

[phila]
type=friend
host=172.22.0.50
secret=phila
;trunk=yes		; Use IAX2 trunking with this host
context=default
auth=rsa
inkeys=test
outkeys=hurricane

and on host phila:

[hurricane]
type=friend
host=172.20.0.170
; trunk=yes		; Use IAX2 trunking with this host
context=default
auth=rsa
inkeys=hurricane
outkeys=test

and in extensions.conf on hurricane I have:

switch => IAX/hurricane:[hurricane]@/172.22.0.50/default

and thease are the errors I get when I try to dial from the phone that
is registered on hurricane:

    -- Calling TBD using options 'exten=TBD;context=default;username=hurricane;formats=65535;capability=65535;version=1'
NOTICE[4101]: File chan_iax.c, Line 2822 (authenticate): No way to send secret to peer '172.22.0.50' (their methods: rsa)
WARNING[4101]: File chan_iax.c, Line 3838 (socket_read): I don't know how to authenticate methods=rsa;challenge=197882626;username=hurricane to 172.22.0.50
WARNING[6151]: File chan_iax.c, Line 4920 (find_cache): Timeout waiting for hurricane:[hurricane]@172.22.0.50/default exten 200

and the 404 on the sip phone of course.

BTW what are the differences between the IAX and IAX2? and the meaning
of trunk=yes option for IAX2? does both sides have to have a zaptel
device ?
and while i`m at asking you questions is iaxtel.com ?

thanks a lot for you work, * is  the best!!!!

--

Anton Yurchenko<phila at dg.net.ua>
Digital Generation