[Asterisk-Users] Today's Message from linphone; update on Khpone and SJPhone and X-Lite

Moshe Yudkowsky speech at pobox.com
Tue Jul 1 16:24:20 MST 2003

Today's "frustrated programmer" award goes to Linphone, which has the
following debug output:

> (linphone:28655): LinphoneCore-WARNING **: this fucking remote sip phone did not answered properly to my sdp offer!

I get this message when I connect to linphone using a softphone, or when
I try to use linphone to connect to asterisk and listen to an
announcement. I suspect that this is a linphone problem... other clients
don't report problems.

In other news, according to my trace of Ethernet packets, the PC
softphone X-Lite sends no RTP packets -- neither UDP nor TCP -- to my
Linux softphone, nor does it play out the UDP packets that it receives.
This is not an asterisk problem because the PC's SJphone does work --
sortof.

The PC's SJPhone does send/receive packets directly to asterisk. But
there seems to be a problem with someone's negotiation protocol --
Kphone seems to expect GSM and SJPhone is apparently sending G.711. You
can imagine how that sounds. More later if I get it straightened out.

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky * http://www.Disaggregate.com