[Asterisk-Users] Large-scale voicemail deployment: any experiences?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Tue Jul 1 10:16:50 MST 2003

Hello -
   I'm looking for a cross-section of your experiences for large-scale
voicemail system deployment using Asterisk, where "large scale" means
500 active users or more with PRI channel access.  I have a situation
that may call for an extremely large stand-alone voicemail
installation, and I while I have faith that Asterisk can handle
almost any load if correctly designed, I'd appreciate your pointers
so that I do not have to dig my way out the same pitfalls that you
perhaps have already discovered.

   Of course, I am competing against large closed-source "box"
vendors, and a success would be a major win for Open Source software.
It would also very certainly get some press coverage due to the
nature of the project, which I would expect would be a large boost
for Asterisk's external credibility.

JT