[Asterisk-Users] BUG: chan_oss outgoing calls autoanswer=no

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Thu Feb 27 07:51:03 MST 2003

Hi,

today i setup my desktop box as an asterisk server
to use chan_oss for my headset (gnophone and my soundsystem
give me huge delays). in oss.conf i set autoanswer=no
because i dont want incoming callers to eavesdrop on me
when i am singing loud to my ABBA mp3s ;-)

incoming calls work fine, i type "answer" on the console
and the call is connected. but outgoing calls are somewhat
odd:
	- i do a "dial 17001578573"
	- oss answers the channel i hear the "pling"
	- app_dial starts
	- and continues ringing indication forever
	  although the other party can hear me already
	- when i type "answer" (remember it's an outgoing call)
	  i get connected and can hear them, too.

Mark, is this the wanted behaviour of chan_oss? or a small bug?

regards
kapejod

--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns

CEO,CTO
Junghanns.NET GmbH
Breite Strasse 13 - 12167 Berlin - Germany
fon:    +49 30 79705390
fax:    +49 30 79705391
iaxtel:	1-700-157-8753
email:  kpj at junghanns.net