[Asterisk-Users] Will the Bells crush Net calling?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Feb 27 07:23:23 MST 2003

Hi,

I looked around at the pricing for a few VoIP services, like Vonage,
this week and was rather puzzled. The IDD rates they all quote for many
destinations (eg the US) seem about twice what I pay when I pick up my
phone and use the local Telco to make an IDD call. I live on Hong Kong,
and I was looking up prices based on being a Hong Kong subscriber to
these VoIP services. It strikes me they aren't likely to get too many
subscribers here. It looks like the Bells don't have to tax VoIP out of
business :-)

Regards,
Steve