[Asterisk-Users] A new pbx for an office in the UK

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Feb 26 13:38:32 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 12:44, Jim Gottlieb wrote:
> On 2003-02-26 at 11:17, phil wrote:
>
> > Any standard pots will work and we use our old Panasonic speakerphones
> > for this.
>
> After using PBX feature phones, I don't think anyone would
> stand for a POTS phone.  What are the alternatives?  I guess you could
> put a SIP phone at every desk, or run BRI to each office (does *
> support this?).

I'll admit I have not been in a company where there was heavy phone
usage, but I've not seen anyone use more than a few keys outside of the
stock DTMF keypad. The only thing I know for sure that isn't emulated is
the intercom function. I haven't missed it here since I never liked the
ability for a user to barge into my conversation with a person at my
desk.