[Asterisk-Users] oddness in AGI - a bug in AGI or my own insanity ?

James Golovich james at wwnet.net
Tue Feb 25 13:33:10 MST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Florian Overkamp wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm writing an AGI application to handle voicemail in a somewhat
> intelligent way. However, I'm having trouble. In specific cases it seems
> AGI gives an error and exit a STREAM FILE command even though the file has
> not finished yet (and infact it remains to play but the AGI script
> continues at the same time).

Well that doesn't seem right.  It should always play the whole file.
There were some modifications to allow stopping/starting of streaming
files I suppose this could be related.

> See some sample debug output:
>
> Entering state: instruct
> write: STREAM FILE snt/tenalletijde0 0
> read: 510 Invalid or unknown command
> Entering state: hoofdmenu
> for snt message: Hoofdmenu opgevraagd
> write: STREAM FILE snt/hoofdmenu 1234560*
>
> Now, I would _love_ to know what that 510 invalid error means - it is
> causing me major headaches. At first I thought it was related to the WAIT
> FOR DIGIT, but it doesn't seem to be (I wrote a wrapper to fake WAIT FOR
> DIGIT using STREAM FILE and a silent gsm file).

the 510 Invalid error is generated by app_agi when find_command does not
return a valid command.  Now "STREAM FILE" is a valid command so it should
find that, so would it be possible that you are sending an extra return so
app_agi thinks you are sending an empty command?

You could modify app_agi.c so that find_command prints some extra
debugging of the command it is trying to find.

James