[Asterisk-Users] A newbye question... Tones and Messages from Asterisk to Analog Phone

Stefano Finetti Lynx Automotive srl ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Tue Feb 25 07:45:56 MST 2003

Ok,

Now I've my sweet little asterisk box that works very well on a IP-Phone
(softphones and i suppose the same for IP-Phones like Snom).

If i Dial (internally) the "s" extension on asterisk, it answers with an
IVR, giving me instructions and so on.

I've an external voice modem, compatibile with aopen drivers, I've
configured it in modem.conf and if i call from an IP-phone a telephone
number, it matches the extension

exten => _0N.,1,Dial,Modem/ttyS1:0/BYEXTENSION

and make the call. I still cannot talk because being and external voice
modem, it doesn't pass audio data to the asterisk box, the sound goes
via modem internal speaker.

The *real* strange problem is with Incoming calls.

I take an analog phone and dial the number which the modem (and
asterisk) is attached to.

It rings, twice, than i see asterisk answering with the "s" extension
and play the vocal menu...but... no sounds arrive to the telephone.
Mute, totally. I can't hear sound neither from modem nor from line-out
jack of the asterisk soundcard.

Any suggestion?
--
Stefano Finetti