[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Feb 24 22:42:00 MST 2003

On Monday 24 February 2003 22:39, Brian Johnson wrote:
> Perhaps they should look at adding a self-contained FXS like
> their usb one but with a 10/100 interface instead of usb to
> their product line

Wouldn't an Ethernet interface necessitate a UDP/IP stack?
And DHCP?  And routing tables?  We're talking a self-contained
computer, here.  A USB device (dependent on an operating
computer) is much simpler than an independent device and needs
far less care and feeding.

What with the forthcoming 4-port station cards or with channel
banks, the price of multiple phones plummets far below the price
of multiple VoIP stations, anyway.

-Tilghman