[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Mon Feb 24 19:55:46 MST 2003

ok so here is a more correct analogy.

what if a company like gateway decided for its own lazyiness they were
going to build every system they sell the same way and install linux and
windows on the harddrive. If they sell you a linux system you are not
allowed to boot it in windows.

would you be prepared to call them morons ? This software took a long time
to develop as well. If it is not part of the package sold it should not be
there.

if they don't want you using software/firmware, it should not be shipped on
a piece of hardware, or features should be introduced to disable it for
other than the licenced use.

If something is sitting there on a device and I bought the physical thing
outright (not just a software licence), then I feel it is an extreme
invasion of my privacy to dictate to me the manner in which I may use that
device if I own it.

If you bought a car and there was a briefcase full of cash in the trunk
would you keep it ? The car is yours, it is not your problem why the cash
was there, it is part of indivisible property you hold title to.

I feel much the same way about radio frequency transmissions - if you don't
want someone receiving transmissions, then fix the transmitter so they
can't. I own my property and the rights to any RF radiation contained in my
space.

Would you keep your valuables out in the street ? If you did would you be
surprised if people took them ?