[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Feb 24 18:17:01 MST 2003

denon wrote:> Would that matter if we're tying it into an * server? I
assume you only
> need the Cisco license if you're tying it into Cisco CM? Or am I wrong
> here? (I'm not very familiar with cisco licensing personally, so I could
> be very wrong :)

According to what I have been told by a variety of Cisco reps (none of
whom is "pure Cisco") the basic idea is that you pay for a license of
*some* sort, and they let you use the thing for any other sort. . .

That said, they were also pretty adamant that once the original
purchaser lets go of the box, the license is dead.

And they also told me that to buy a license without buying an ATA at the
same time would be about 60% of the cost of a new ATA; in other words,
they want the original user to throw it away.

They are trying to be like Micro$oft. . .

B.