[Asterisk-Users] Accept DTMF during voicemail play?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 23 12:30:07 MST 2003

denon wrote:> I'm not quite sure I follow you, but if I do, all you need
to do is add
> an extension in that context for VoiceMailMain.  Like so:
>
> exten => 100,1,VoicemailMain
>
> Then when you dial 100 from anywhere, you get the prompts .. or you can
> pass your mailbox to it as an argument, and only need to enter your
> password.

I didn't express myself clearly, I'm afraid.  Here are more words, but
they are more precise:

Current config is that when a call comes in to one of my asterisk lines,
I have asterisk immediately answer, and then begin to ring a phone.  If
it doesn't pick up in 15 seconds, then the extension jumps to voicemail.

All well and good, but: (crux of matter right here)

If it's ME coming in, and not some arbitrary caller, I want to check my
voicemail.  But I cannot interrupt the ringing tones that I hear while
asterisk is dialing my phone (in order to get to voicemail) and once the
rings time out, now I'm in VOICEMAIL "LEAVE" functionality, and it does
not seem possible to interrupt the outgoing message in order to jar it
into knowing, "It's me; dammit: let me RETRIEVE my voicemail instead of
leaving a dang message."

I think what I want is going to involve sensitizing asterisk to tones
during the outbound message, but I don't know where such a thing would
be enabled.

I hope this is clearer.

Thanks.

B.