[Asterisk-Users] Accept DTMF during voicemail play?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 23 11:52:23 MST 2003

I think this may be simple; I think maybe it also ought to be a FAQ. . .

My current setup for incoming calls involves Asterisk answering the
line, ringing simultaneously a couple of extensions, and then going to
voicemail if nobody picks up.

I'm trying to figure out where in that scenario I should stick the
interaction for *me* to come in (from some arbitrary place) and get my
voicemail.

What I *think* I want to do is allow the remote party to interrupt the
outgoing voicemail message with some tones that would go immediately
into the voicemail main "verbal screen."

I can't figure out how to do that. . . .

Thanks for any help that might be forthcoming.

B.