[Asterisk-Users] Hangup non-current channel from dialplan?

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Wed Feb 19 21:47:17 MST 2003

Is there any simple way to hang up a specific channel (not the current channel
as in the case of "Hangup") in the dial plan? Basically I would like to
accomplish the equivalent of typing "soft hangup Zap/2-1" in the console.

I have a situation where a remote user with a Snom phone has a dedicated zap
fxo channel connected to a PBX port that does not send any sort of disconnect
signal. The channel occasionally becomes hung, and if I encounter a busy
condition when trying to dial on that channel, I would like to force it to hang
up.

Thanks!

Brad

--