[Asterisk-Users] sample configs for my setup (Outbound calls to FWD not solved yet though)

William X Walsh william at wxw.org
Wed Feb 19 19:34:07 MST 2003

Ok, here is what is currently working in my setup:

1) Inbound calls to FWD accounts of local users
2) Inbound calls to iconnecthere assigned PSTN #
3) Outbound calls to PSTN number via iconnecthere
4) Outbound calls to iaxtel 1700 numbers
5) Registering to a remote asterisk server (using sip right, should
change that to iax though), able to dial extensions there
6) 2 remote SIP Extensions, one for me working away from my home office,
another for a family member
7) SIP to SIP Calls, in and out.

What is not working:
1) Outbound calls via FWD
caveat: I believe that if the other FWD user is also using Asterisk to
handle the FWD calls, then calls between the two work.  This is a bit of
an assumption on my part, because the only testing I have done of that
is calling 700001, which is Jeff's asterisk voicemail server, and calls
to it DO work.

2) Inbound calls from my iaxtel account 700# (17006827488).  iax show
registry is showing that is is properly registered, no idea what it is
not working, but when another iaxtel user tries to call via that number,
they get an error that I am not available or not registered from the
iaxtel system.

3) MusicOnHold (have to get the ztdummy module put in, just haven't had
a chance to do this yet)

4) Being able to check Voicemail over the phone.  Any sample configs for
this would be very helpful.  Right now it is only by email (And by
manually opening the voicemail files on the local workstation).

This is an entirely VoIP only setup, no landlines or zaptel hardware.

I've placed my configurations online (stripped of private info, like
username/passwords) hoping it will help others, and may provide a way
for someone to help me with the above noted problems.  They are online
at http://voip.wxw.biz/  (I will endeavor to update them as I add
features or fix bugs)

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>