[Asterisk-Users] Happy New Year!!

Tony Kava asterisk at pottcounty.com
Wed Dec 31 13:57:41 MST 2003

> 	Nope.... I should have been a bit more clear in my
> response.. but its one of those days.... The howto should be
> generalized... Not just for X or Y distro... its not helpful
> and cuses duplication of documentation efforts.

I would tend to disagree with your statement that it is not helpful.
Writing any HOWTO requires some effort on the author's part, and the effort
does help a number of users.  I agree with you that a HOWTO for Asterisk,
for example, should be generalized so that it can be helpful to a wider
audience.  An existing HOWTO for a particular operating system can serve as
a good basis for a general HOWTO.  I hope that the previously named author
does not interpret this as trivializing their contribution to the community
because I'm sure many first-time Asterisk users are glad to find
step-by-step instructions that cover such a readily available and
widely-used flavor of Linux.

--
Tony Kava
Network Administrator