[Asterisk-Users] Does Asterisk support legacy Dialogic products?

woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au woody+asterisk at solutionsfirst.com.au
Tue Dec 30 19:33:41 MST 2003

I'd say SIP was a very simple platform compared to POTS. No special hardware
required either.
Or you could spring US$100 for an X100P from digium to get you started with
POTS.  You could use your own money and get to keep the card afterwards so
you can have asterisk at home...

> 2. Demonstrate to technical management;
> 3. Acquire budget and resources for development works.
>
> Since Linux-based PBX server is new to us, live demonstration is more
> effective to raise the management's interest.  I would like to use the
> resources currently on hand to experiment.
>
> I searched the archived mail messages and found that drivers
> for Dialogic
> are commercially available for $15 per channel?  By one
> channel means a
> single loop start Telco interface?

The drivers are only for the mentioned cards, are not well used or
supported, the digium cards are by far the most widely used.