[Asterisk-Users] Does Asterisk support legacy Dialogic products?

Patrick Wong patrickwong at computer.org
Tue Dec 30 19:20:09 MST 2003

> Steve Underwood wrote:
>
> > That card's haardware is not capable of providing any VoIP
> > functionality. It is not full duplex. The newer JCT cards can be used,
> > but they still don't work that well, due to card limitations.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your advice.  My thought is to start this new project in the
following steps:
1. Configure a very simple paltform (e.g. POTS) to prove the feasibility;
2. Demonstrate to technical management;
3. Acquire budget and resources for development works.

Since Linux-based PBX server is new to us, live demonstration is more
effective to raise the management's interest.  I would like to use the
resources currently on hand to experiment.

I searched the archived mail messages and found that drivers for Dialogic
are commercially available for $15 per channel?  By one channel means a
single loop start Telco interface?

Many thanks,
Patrick Wong.