[Asterisk-Users] automatic voice dialout call

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Dec 30 02:05:15 MST 2003

Davide Giunchi wrote:
> I need to make automatic voice calls from a Linux server, so when the
> system receive special "signals" it must use a wave (or .au) audio file,
> dial the number to call a person, and "speak" using the audio file.
> What can i use for this subject?
> I need a specific hardware device or a normal analogic voice-modem is
> ok? which software can i use (i need to invoke from a Perl script)?

Please check the docs! A good starting point for both questions
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+FAQ

In short,
Yes, you can generatte automatic voice calls.
No, you can't use a voice-modem, you propably need - at the lowest level -
an ISDN bri card or a subscription with a VoIP provider.

/O