[Asterisk-Users] Programming an unlocked ADSI phone?

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Mon Dec 29 21:09:13 MST 2003

Update.

As I mentioned in my first post (below), I had managed to get the phone to
accept a download from asterisk, but it still said PLEASE PROGRAM ME after
the download was completed. After further investigation it does appear I
downloaded SOMETHING to the phone, because if I select the services button
on the front of the phone, I get into a menu that says:

      Services
> Asterisk PBX
   Asterisk slot 2
     <available>
     <available>

If I select the first one in the list, the phone does change from PLEASE
PROGRAM ME to "** Asterisk PBX**" and there's a VMail softkey!! However, if
I pick up the handset and replace it, I'm back to "PLEASE PROGRAM ME" again.
Is this normal?

My second problem is that when I dial voicemail from this handset now, which
is ADSI-enabled, I see the following message on the text screen:

Comedian Mail
(C) 2002 LSS, Inc.
Downloading Scripts

I don't see any activity on the console in terms of logging, and I don't see
any way to elevate ADSI logging. Within less than a second, I see:

    Comedian Mail
    download refused.

    Services is full

At this point the voicemail's welcome script plays and the display changes
to:

Comedian Mail
(C) 2002 LSS, Inc.
  Load Cancelled
  ADSI Unavailable

at this point voicemail's works like it used to before ADSI.

Is any of this ringing any bells with anyone? Any tips appreciated ... I've
looked around but I'm really not finding any documentation on how to make
this work.

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson