[Asterisk-Users] Programming an unlocked ADSI phone?

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Mon Dec 29 18:12:42 MST 2003

Folks,

I have an Astra 480 that was delivered without any programming. On the main
LCD, it says:

                                            PLEASE PROGRAM ME
                                                       Asterisk

I thought I would program it, so I added adsi=yes for this extension to
zapata.conf, and then I created an extension:

;;
;; Temp hack for programming phones
;;
exten => 998,1,ADSIProg(asterisk.adsi)
exten => 998,2,Hangup

Dialing 998 from the phone worked - the phone said a download was available
and asked me to accept, which I did. I saw:

Connected to Asterisk CVS-12/17/03-02:39:14 currently running on testbed
(pid = 31583)
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/5-1'
    -- Executing ADSIProg("Zap/5-1", "asterisk.adsi") in new stack
    -- ADSI Available on CPE.  Attempting Upload.
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/5-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (default, 998, 2) exited non-zero on 'Zap/5-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/5-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'

When it's done and asterisk hangs up though, my phone seems unchanged. Still
asks to be programmed.

I can't seem to find a how-to on the wiki, or in the PDF. Looks like an
addition might make sense, and I'd be glad to help if I could get this
sorted out. Am I missing something obvious?

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson
Senior Sales & Support Engineer