[Asterisk-Users] RE: TDM Card loses Dialtone and Battery

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Mon Dec 29 11:56:10 MST 2003

Adam Goryachev wrote:
> I might add that I has similar problems on a very frequant basis,
> finally I 'accidentally' found a version of asterisk + zaptel modules
> that was stable for more than 6 weeks. Eventually I asked for (and got)
> a replacement card from digium with the internal power connector. This
> worked fine with the same software versions, although it crashed once
> after about 3 weeks.
>
> I've just updated to current CVS of everything, and will see how it
> goes.
>
> I'm not doing anything major out of the ordinary, I have a single X101P,
> a single TDM400P and a 2 channel (single BRI) i4l ISDN card. I use IAX
> to connect to a *very* lightly used extension (ie, iax to second
> asterisk to sip ata186).
>
> Regards,
> Adam

Since updating my 2 TDM400P's, with 4 channels each, to REV E/F, I have
seen very intermittant loss of dialtone on some channels, one hard
lookup that required a power reset and a "Power alarm on module 1,
resetting!", which oddly occurred in the small hours of the morning,
when the phone was not being used, over a +_ 2 month period, where the
first card has had regular daily office use and the second card
virtually none.

The machine is a 2.4GHz P4 on an ASUS Intel chipset MB, running a
stripped down Redhat 7.3 with a custom kernel compiled completely with
asterisk requirements only. Everything not required for asterisk (USB,
serial, parallel, mouse) has been disabled in the BIOS and there is no X
or framebuffer installed. Two X101Ps are also in use.

/proc/interrupts

            CPU0
   0:  456297846          XT-PIC  timer
   1:          2          XT-PIC  keyboard
   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
   5:  267137019          XT-PIC  wcfxo
   7:   16745155          XT-PIC  eth0
   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
   9:  267049399          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  11:  267335750          XT-PIC  wcfxs
  12: 3313776049          XT-PIC  wcfxs
  14:    1912794          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:  456293550
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else running 2 x X101 and 2
x TDM400 4 channels, who is having no problems at all.

Regards,

Richard