[Asterisk-Users] TDM Card loses Dialtone and Battery

Victor Rini victor at paceint.com
Sun Dec 28 18:48:39 MST 2003

Hello all,

I've posted on this problem before. Well here goes again.

I have an intel mobo with a p4 2.4ghz proc, 1GB Ram. It has built-in
ethernet and vga and 6 pci slots.

I dreamed of making this my household communications server: internet
router, firewall, vpn and asterisk. Everything works except the TDM fxs
card. Well it works for a little while and it dies: no dialtone, no ring
tone.

All 6 slots are filled: two more Ethernet cards, two digium fxo cards, an sb
live card and the tdm card. Everything that I don't use on the motherboard
is turned off: serial and parallel ports, serial ata and motherboard sound.
I've got all this stuff packed in a case with a 430 watt power supply.

Interesting observation #1: When the tdm card dies, the fxo cards and
asterisk still carry on. People can call and can leave messages, etc. I just
can't hear the phone ring and I can't use the phone either.

Interesting observation #2: I think I know how to make the tdm card die. I
have a pc behind one of the Ethernet cards on the server.  When I do a
download off the net, the tdm card dies. Keep in mind when I'm doing a
download two Ethernet interfaces are working, the one to which the pc is
connected and the one connected to my cable modem. I've just tried another
download - I'm almost 100 percent sure I can make the card die this way.

Anyone been down this path before? I'd hate to buy a linksys box just to
make the tdm card happy.