[Asterisk-Users] Re: Incoming callers aren't hearing ring

Terry Wilson terry at otherwiseguy.com
Sun Dec 28 17:11:46 MST 2003

> Yes. Add a Ringing command.
>
> exten => _5551212,1,Answer
> exten => _5551212,2,Ringing
> exten => _5551212,3,Dial(SIP/6710,12,tr)

Ok, extensions.conf now contains:

[incoming]
include => sip-phones
exten => _5551212,1,Answer
exten => _5551212,2,Ringing
exten => _5551212,2,Dial(SIP/6710,12,tr)

... etc. and still I am not getting a ring indicated to the caller.  It used to work fine with the  fxo cards.  Is it possible that there is something wrong with the way asterisk and the switch at the CLEC are communicating ring to each other?  I appreciate the suggestions thus far, any other ideas about what could be causing my problem?  Thanks

terry