[Asterisk-Users] specify maximum call duration

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Dec 28 16:30:22 MST 2003

Hi!

> > > Before posting a question like this you should read all the docs and
> > > type Show Applications in the asterisk CLI.
> > >
> > > This way you would have noticed an application called 'AbsoulteTimeout'
> >
> > Hehe... read the question again before jumping on a new user - the answer
> > to the "peer" part of it is  "No" instead "AbsoluteTimeout". ;->
>
> It would be possible since you could select a callerid string for the
> peer in it's definition, and then do a match on it. It takes just a hair
> more thinking about the problem.

For the sake of discussion: What if the peer is a * connected through
IAX, and the user wants to dial an extension on that * box? As of now you
need to specify AbsoluteTimeout for each extension or macro... this can
be very tedious depening on the layout of your dialplan.

I _do_ think it would make sense to be able to define such a timeout for
a specific peer, or even as a global varaible valid for the entire *
server.

Cheers, Philipp