[Asterisk-Users] Vocera Communication Badge

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Sat Dec 27 08:52:26 MST 2003

> Hi there,
>
> yesterday I came across the "Vocera Communication Badge" and now I'd like
> to know if anyone here has played with that thing (or even just seen it
> in real life), and if a price tag can be found for this device?
> Too bad they don't use SIP... ;-(
>
> http://www.vocera.com/
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/tol-25.12.03-001/
>
> Cheers, Philipp

Looks interesting. I seem to remember something a while back regarding
VoiceXML and the TellMe folks.  Maybe there is something that is open
sourced regarding speach recognition on the server side.  An open sourced
hardware, as recently discussed, should be able to be packaged so that it
could also be a wearable device even if part is on the belt and the
speech I/O as separate.

Will check with come contacts and see if anyone was involved in the U.S.S.
Coronado tests.

Robert