[Asterisk-Users] prepaid app

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Dec 26 16:01:12 MST 2003

> I know unix-odbc exists (thanks to Brian), but app_prepaid is based on
> postgres... Why? I don't know... I'm not a developer of app_prepaid. I'm
> not see the devil inside postgres...

There is no devil with Postgres; and I imagine that app_prepaid was done
before the unixodbc stuff was perfected.  It would be a great contribution
to Asterisk if you would convert app_prepaid's postgres calls to unixodbc
calls and made Asterisk truly db-agnostic.

I don't think Jeremy was blasting that specifically, I'm just providing a
datapoint in the application's development.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew