[Asterisk-Users] Problems with outgoing calls

Asterisk List asterisklist at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 26 04:58:11 MST 2003

Hello:

I have found the following problems with outgoing calls with asterisk,
compiled with an updated CVS on 22 Oct.

1.- Problem with retries:
Whenever I set the MaxRetries parameter, to something greater than 0 in a
call-fille, Asterisk ignores the RetryTime parameter and retries every file
in the outgoing folder when a new call-file is copied into that folder.
So, if I make a call placing a call-file in the outgoing folder, nobody
answers and my call-file stays in the outgoing folder waiting for
'RetryTime' seconds (say 120 seconds), if another call-file is placed in the
outgoing folder the previous call is retried inmediately before the
RetryTime finishes.

2.- Problem with high-volume calls:
When I put lots of call-files in then outgoing folder, from time to time
asterisk show an error in Master.csv. The error is OutgoingSpoolFailed, and
shows no info about the call, just "failed" as the extension. I move one
call-file every second, but for several minutes.

How can I avoid this two problems?

Thanks in advance,
Robert T.