[Asterisk-Users] Unlocking Vonage ATA 186

Lion Templin lion at leonine.com
Thu Dec 25 00:10:45 MST 2003

Right, which the security hole mentioned for 2.14 doesn't even apply to
this method.  This isn't a 'security hole' per se, it's just how the
data is stored inside the device.

> Vonage is running the latest 2.16-2 firmware. No longer applicable.
>
> cameron.
>
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003, Doug Shubert wrote:
>

>>this security hole has been around for some time
>>http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5PP0G0K75U.html
>>
>>Lion Templin wrote:
>>

>>>In the process of investigating a Cisco ATA 186 that was locked by
>>>Vonage, I found that you can still unlock the device yourself.  But
>>>there's a catch.
>>>
>>>The device's design has a great plus:  a DIP32 *socketed* SST28SF040A
>>>flash chip.  I found an 8 digit unlock code at 0x03FA71-0x03FA78.  I do
>>>not know if that is a standard location.
>>>
>>>If you have the equipment, you're in luck.  But IMHO, the $15 fee is
>>>more than reasonable .. and certainly less than what it would cost to
>>>get a device to read/write these flash chips.

>>--
>>FREE Unlimited Worldwide Voip calling
>>set-up an account and start saving today!
>>http://www.voippages.com ext. 1003
>>http://www.pulver.com/fwd/ ext. 83740

= lion is Lion J Templin                              lion at leonine.com =
= 612-605-3613 x3001                                         FWD 94117 =