[Asterisk-Users] FWD problems

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Wed Dec 24 14:44:24 MST 2003

--On Wednesday, December 24, 2003 10:06 pm +0100 rnc Info Lists
<info-lists at robertc.de> wrote:

>> > Still, there seems to be a "you get what you pay for" theme to many of
>> today's posts and this clearly applies to support on FWD.  Naybe we
>> should remove the signature from * that enables FWD to identify *
>> systems :-)
>>
> That certainly seems the case for today's theme... It is certainly the
> right of any company or person to define the rules of their service.
> Since I don't pay for either Asterisk or FWD then I appreciate the service
> that is provided and try not to crusify them when things don't go right.
> This entire VoIP is still rather experimental.  If I want guaranteed
> service then I'll pay some provider for it... THEN.. and only then will a
> service level be expected.

That's fair comment but I think FWD should have put a correct message on
their system for asterisk users.  It wouldn't have taken much effort.

FWD and * complement each other and should benefit from each other's
success.  Indeed * is cited on the FWD web site and mentioned by Jeff
Pulver at his VON events.  It seems a little unfortunate that FWD is
assuming all * systems are a front for hundreds of users and banning them.

  Iain