[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream budgetTone registration time out

Kevin Bockman kbockml at techemail.com
Wed Dec 24 11:08:05 MST 2003

--- "Chandra" <chandra at digital.com.np> wrote:
>i have been using grandstream budgettone IP phones and they work fine >except that these phones times out after some hours.. i ahve seen that >the phones working ok are next day unregistered and sip show peers do >not show their IP and although these phones can make calls , they >cannot be called. They Sip show peers only shows their IP when i
>restart the IP phones. This is really annoying me now. Is there any >better solutions than just restarting the phones every day?

Hi.  I just got 2 BT101s yesterday.  I had a problem with one of mine not being able to call out or receieve calls.  I believe that the registration icon was not on the phone.  I can't remember what was shown on Asterisk.  This issue has come up before.  I am behind a Linksys router using NAT/DHCP.  I added qualify=60 and have not seen the problem again although I have not had them up very long and not tested them very much.

Kevin