[Asterisk-Users] Short in my X100P. Is it broke?

Jonathan Tew jonathan at ultracart.com
Wed Dec 24 10:26:14 MST 2003

At my home office I have a X100P card in a server that I've been using
for testing.  The machine it is in is connected to a HP fax machine and
then to the wall outlet.  This morning the SBC installer showed up at my
house for the ADSL install on that line.  He said they detected a
short.  So he tested the outside box and it was fine.  He said it was
inside.  So we came inside and tested the two devices with his little
box.  The fax was fine... the X100P card however was causing the short.
Now of course I'm going to install a filter on this line for the ADSL,
but is this short normal?  The installer says that it will kill the ADSL
signal.  Maybe the X100P is defective?  It's been working fine though
for making and answering calls to this point.

Thanks,
Jonathan