[Asterisk-Users] CT1 and callerid / DNIS

david david at atcomm.com
Wed Dec 24 09:41:07 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 19:22, Brian West wrote:
> I'm just double checking.. I was told it wasn't possible but i'm going to
> ask just in case.
>
> Can you set outbound callerid on a channelized T1?
>

>I think there is a way to do something like DID with the 4 digits of
>DTMF passed before the call. It is unlikely though that you will find
>someone interested in doing that though. It is easier/cheaper to drop a
>PRI into somewhere and then outbound caller ID isn't kludgey with DTMF.
>--
>Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

The service you might be referring to is Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS) that is put on T1's for inbound 800 and 900 lines.  This is an inband delivery of the last 4-digits of a dialed number (800/900) that is passed into the PBX from the SP for callcenter or other routing.  Does Asterisk support this?

- David Schlossman (david at atcomm.com)