[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P

Asterisk online forums asterisk at stealthtele.com
Wed Dec 24 09:23:14 MST 2003

Brian,

Can you compare Ford and Mercedes or BMW?  Both are cars and drives..
but you have different feeling and price in/for each car ..same here
Grandstream is low-cost solution for end-users/small business , Cisco IP
Phones are couple times more expensive ,but they have more features,
less bugs and more fancy.
Also, don't forget that Grandstream is muuuuuuuch smaller company
compare to Cisco and they are new company, they have much less
customers/phones sold out then Cisco, so it takes time to find all bugs
and fix them, also to release new firmware. We had conversation with
Grandstream how to improve there phones, so they are working on it. I am
sure in 2004 GS will go high and we will have less probs with them.

We are looking now to improve GS products and start collecting all
bugs/probs and send them to GS. Idea is that we are opening Online
forums
and special Grandstream products mailing list. Some support people from
Grandstream will be participating in Forums and Mailing lists, so we
will have direct communication between GS and Online community,
hopefully it will help us to solve more probs.
Grandstream is very interested to make nice product and sell more, so
they will be fixing bugs for sure, otherwise they will be out of
business.

Grandstream forums URL : http://forum.xvoip.com/viewforum.php?f=7
Grandstream products support mailing list:
subscribe-grandstream at xvoip.com

Regards,
Alexander