[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 24 08:52:35 MST 2003

Brian West wrote:

>>Well you certainly could.  And you'd then have to add the cost of the
>>ATA to your "cost per seat," at least doubling the $65 figure--tripling
>>it if you meant a Cisco ATA.
>>

>NOT, Cisco ATA's can be had fro 99-120 if you are lucky.  Then you can
>also get a cisco 7905 which can be had on ebay for about 99 bucks or so.
>

>bkw

Brian,

The price you can get a phone for on ebay is not relevant to a business
only to a home user..

If I have to quote a customer for a phone I can't tell him that the
price is $100 - $120 and the availibility is unknown.. Whet if I have to
get 20 or more of them?? How long would it take me to buy a number of
them off ebay??

Add to that the fact thet there are not that many availible on the UK ebay..

At the end of the day IMO you have to use the new purchase price of the
phone when making product comparisons.. With that as a factor the Cisco
looses lots of points..

I agree that the GS is not proving to be all that good in terms of
reliability and ease of use in the real world but it can't be touched on
cost..

I don't see Cisco dropping their prices so they will always be and
"enterprise only" product.. Maybe Snom will drop their prices and become
more competitive in the budget arena where the GS currently holds the
crown.. I think the Snom phones are great and if the price were lower
thay would have a good chance at market domination in the SOHO and small
to medium business space..

Later..