[Asterisk-Users] DID trunks -- equipment requirement

Tim Thompson tthompson at amatechtel.com
Tue Dec 23 08:01:32 MST 2003

You should be able to just order Trunk Lines.

They are also known as ground start lines.  They are usually for
incoming only so you would have something like 4-5 Trunk lines for the
incoming DID's and the rest would be regular pots lines.

In your CAC, you would take the Trunk lines and they would come in on
the FXS channels and the POTS lines would come in on the FXO channels.

In our area, Trunk lines run about $29-$35 each and then you pay for the
DID's.

Hope it helps.

Tim Thompson
Commercial Sales Engineer