[Asterisk-Users] nat router + sip phone adaptor (+adsl modem)

Dawid Mielnik D.Mielnik at elka.pw.edu.pl
Mon Dec 22 04:56:19 MST 2003

Hi all,

Clipcomm - looks interesting, you get NAT/Ethernet/Analog line (to SIP)

D-link DVG-1120M/H/S - this is also on the lines of what I'm looking for,
lets you connect standard analog phone directly to it, has NAT and an
Ethernet port - anyone ever tried this with * ?

What I am exactly trying to find is an easy to setup/'elegent'/cheap (I know
I might be asking for too much) solution to provide SIP connectivity (while
maintaining Internet connectivity from PC) considering two scenarios:

1. Cable ISP user with single IP over DHCP (the user already has a network
card in his PC):
this is quite easy, the D-link DVG-1120 will do the trick - PC goes to to
the Ethernet plug, analogue phone goes directly to the RJ-11 plug (nice)

2. ADSL (PPPoA) user with a USB connected modem, single IP over DHCP (no
network card in his PC):
this is more tricky - Intertex IX66+PF may do the trick although is quite
expensive, I've also found "SMC Barricade ADSL Modem Router" with similar
features at a lesser price. This still calls for a ATA286 analog phone
adaptor if the guy is to use his normal telephone.

The ideal case would be a a small cheab box with an Ethernet/ADSL WAN plugs
on one end and an Ethernet/USB/Analog (from SIP) plugs on the other end ;-)

Thanks,

Dave