[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 200 and * issues

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Dec 21 18:12:13 MST 2003

> Since this thread may get the attention of snom 200 users I'll also ask
> whether anybody has multiple "lines" registered to Asterisk on firmware
> versions 2.02t or 2.02z ? I tried to config a snom 200 the other day
> with each of the 5 "line" buttons assigned to a line and each line
> registered to Asterisk.
>
> What I found was that the registrations would fail most of the time and
> the snom 200 would become very slow while the Asterisk console showed
> continuous registration attempts. Deleting the registrations for Lines
> 2-5 allowed line 1 to register.
>
> On 2.02t I previously noticed the snom 200 often returning BUSY HERE
> when Asterisk tried to place a call to it - the phone was doing nothing.

Yes, I see the same thing by simply defining two lines. I was registering
x3002 on button 1 and x3008 on button 2; sometimes it works, and most of
the time it doesn't.  When it does work, regardless of which extn was
called, the first button would also flash. Therefore, no way for the
phone user to know which extn was actually called. (I'm on v2.02t)

Also ran into a problem where after defining the two extensions, both
button 1 and 2 would lite up and stay on regardless of what the user
would do.

While attempting to diagnose the issue, I also noticed that every other
reboot acted near normal and the odd numbered reboots were useless.
Reboot, test, reboot, same test, reboot, same test, etc, always came
up with differing results.

When the phone is slow to react, I've noticed (using a Sniffer) that hundreds
of packets are flowing between the Snom and Asterisk. The packets are a
constant loop of attempted registration and failures, although once in a
great while it will succeed. (Removing all line definitions accept for
button 1 makes the phone stable again.)

I reported a problem via the snom web site about a week ago, and a support
person accessed my snom 200. The bottom line, according to him, was "that's
the way the phone is suppose to work" (in terms of "not" being able to
identify which extn is ringing). He was going to try replicating the
problem and I've not heard from him since.

For now the snom 200 remains a single-extension phone religate to the
test environment; won't go production like that.

Rich